giovedì 4 settembre 2008

Notes on Manifesta7 - favourite works


I have to say there's some works that are worth a whole exhibition.

There are so many good pieces shown @Manifesta7 it would be stupid to try to talk about all of them. But there's a few that cannot really be missed


The first one I want to talk about is Beth Campbell's "Following room".


I already saw this piece last winter @Whitney museum, but as I read her name on the wall and turned the corner to enter the room I was amazed as the first time I saw it.
There's something so perfect and fascinating about this piece that makes me feel moved everytime I see it. There's this slightly maniac attitude in it and in its realization that makes me think THIS is the kind of art that can really be considered a high quality work, for its realization and its inner meanings.
There's so much about chances and possibilities in this work (as in the whole production of Campbell's works) and it leaves so much up to you. This is what I think art should do.
I also had the chance to meet her in her studio in Brooklin and after that I appreciated her work even more if possible, considering how incredible she is even as a person.


Nessun commento: