lunedì 4 agosto 2008

Let's start!

My first post will explain the idea of this blog (which came out during my last sleepless night!).

Everything begun last winter during my stay in NYC. I had the chance to meet a brilliant artist and art professional, Jesse Hamerman. He told me about his artistic project called "another day, another word". (You find the link in the link section of this blog).
Basically the project consists of an archive of words that Jesse records everyday. Each day corresponds to a word. When you visit the website on the homepage you find the word of the day and when you go through all the words in the archive you can create different sound mixes just by passing your mouse on the different words, so that it becomes something between a sound and a visual/conceptual work.
The words can be chosen for their sound or because they're connected to something happened during the day and this is really fascinating because you can find from the most complex to the most trivial ones.
What I love about this project is that it's all about using art as a daily practice, to fight laziness and to keep the mind busy having a "mission" to do every night.

This is what I would also love this blog to become.
It will be a way to keep my mind busy just by writing something (hopefully every night). I will use artworks, articles, exhibitions or quotes that came to my mind during the day as materials to write about.

Nessun commento: